Thursday, September 4, 2008

My new favorite politician

Ever since George H.W. Bush sucker-punched the conservative movement by breaking his "no new taxes" pledge, I've been hoping for a leader to emerge and put us back on track.  Presidential candidates have come and gone.  They and many others have emerged but they all failed.  They either compromised their conservative principles or lacked the spark necessary to lead.

But now I believe that John McCain has found the leader that I've been hoping for . . . and her name is Sarah Palin.

This bulldog - or maybe a Malamute - from Wasilla, Alaska, "rocked the house" with a speech at the Republican National Convention that even the Associated Press had to call "star-turning."  

Governor Palin's speech had many highlights.  Here are three of my favorites . . .

In comparing her experience to that of Barack Obama, Palin said, "I guess that a small town mayor is sort of like a community organizer - except that you have actual responsibilities."

Spelling out "the right reason" to go to Washington, Palin said it "is to challenge the status quo, to serve the common good, and to leave this nation better than we found it."

And describing what voters face this November, Palin said, "here's how I look at the choice Americans face in this election:  in politics there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers, and then there are those like John McCain who use their careers to promote change."

I had only one problem with last night's speech - it ran long and my DVR cut off the end of it.  So you, like me, can read the text here.

Last night my new favorite politician asked last night for all of us to the McCain-Palin cause.  Consider it done Governor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I'm fired up. I had no idea who I was going to vote for until Palin came along.

St. Louis Conservative said...

And by the reaction I've heard from friends and family, I can tell you Dameon - we're not alone in our enthusiasm.

Anonymous said...

PALIN IS A REAGAN CONSERVATIVE!!!

My dream come true!