Thursday, October 9, 2008

Flawed Assumption at Fox News


Today at lunch I noticed that question posed by the folks at Fox News.  Tonight I found that question was today's "Question of the Day" on The Live Desk With Martha and Trace.

The answer to any question asking me who I "trust more" between Barack Obama and John McCain should be pretty obvious.  Though I don't have much trust in McCain, I would certainly trust him more on anything than I would Obama.

But the question is flawed and symptomatic of something wrong with modern America . . . it implies that the president can fix our economy.  The simple fact is that he can't - no matter who he is.  We live in a market economy and market forces are too powerful to be controlled by the government.  While government policies can have some effect - often negative - no president can fix the problem or "get us out of the current economic crisis."

Martha MacCallum and Trace Gallagher appear to have typical American attitude . . . child-like, wanting to be taken care of by the nanny state.  And naively believing that government is up to the task.

Click on the link above and let Martha and Trace know your thoughts.

No comments: