Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Understatement of the Year

In an interview with Bret Baier of Fox News, Barack Obama made the understatement of the year . . . "I don't spend a lot of time worrying about what the procedural rules are in the House or Senate."  (Link to story here.)

How true.  How true.  But what an understatement.

Here's what Obama really meant . . . "I don't give a rat's ___ about any rules, or laws, or pesky things like constitutions.  They don't apply to me.  I'm The Obama.  I'm a Democrat.  I can do whatever I want because it's all about me, me, me.  Damn the public.  Damn the country.  Full steam ahead!"

Obama has given up on leadership, because he's failed to lead.  He's given up on representative democracy because he doesn't agree with the people he represents and he doesn't - at the moment - have the votes.

No comments: