Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me a third time?

George H. W. Bush talked like a conservative when he was running for election.  He promised not to raise taxes and raised taxes once in office.

George W. Bush talked like a conservative when he was running for election.  He managed to outspend his father and everyone else.

Now, according to Marc Ambinder, Jeb Bush, the former Florida governor and next in line to the Bush Family Throne, is considering a run for the U.S. Senate.  And, while sounding like a moderate on immigration, Jeb is following his family's playbook.  Ambinder writes that "Bush said that Republicans can't give up on conservatism and . . . that Republicans 'can't be Democrat-lite.  We can't just 'get along.''"

Jeb's words are right on the money, of course.  

But how many times will conservatives keep giving Bushes chances?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll vote for a true conservative, Sarah Palin!