Thursday, February 14, 2008

This Must Be a Joke

Today I ran across Post-Dispatch writer Jo Mannies blog on stltoday.com where she suggested that John McCain "could do worse" than to select Missouri governor Matt Blunt as his running mate.  I'm not sure how.

Governor Doogie claims that he's not running for reelection because he accomplished what he wanted to accomplish in Jefferson City.  I think we all know that he's really quitting because Jay Nixon would have cleaned his clock in November.  I give Blunt credit for getting out of the way for a credible candidate.

But why would Senator McCain pick a failed Missouri governor as a running mate?  The only reason that I could come up with is that McCain actually thinks that if he carries Missouri he might actually win . . . and he has bet on Obama to win the presidency.

No comments: