Friday, February 6, 2009

The value of human life in America

A mixture of emotions is jumbled inside of me reading this story about an abortion doctor who lost his license today.  (Link to story here.)

According to the story, Pierre Jean-Jacque Renelique lost his license because he was hours late to a scheduled abortion in Hialeah, Florida.  While the mother waited, her baby, Shanice Denise Osbourne, was born alive and thrown in the trash and died.  (More details, if you can stand them, here.)

I'm sad.  I'm sick.  I'm disgusted.  I'm angry.

I'm angry at a society that draws artificial lines to determine when it is legally acceptable to kill another human being and when it is not.

Dr. (or should I say former doctor) Renelique was late.  And as a result the baby came out of her mother's womb and, then, was killed.  In America, that's a crime (at least for now) and Renelique lost his license.  Ironically, he lost his license for not killing anyone that day in 2006.

But if Renelique had showed up on time, just hours before, he could have (and would have) killed baby Shanice without any sanction and, according to the current law of the land, no crime would have been committed by anyone.

How can the "Pro-Choice" crowd not see something wrong with this picture?

No comments: