Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Just in case you thought the Canadian Healthcare system was a model . . .

Check out this story - the Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador needed heart surgery.  Since Danny Williams, in his own words, "did not sign away my right to get the best possible health care for myself when I entered politics," he traveled to Miami to get heart surgery.  "This was my heart, my choice and my health."

Williams didn't stay in Canada to get his surgery because he "wanted to get in, get out fast, [and] get back to work in a short period of time."  Apparently in Canada he couldn't have gotten surgery without "jumping a line or a wait list."  Leaving the country for prompt and proper care "is not a unique phenomenon to me," said Williams.  "This is something that happens with lots of families throughout [Canada]."

Yet, according to Barack Obama and the other Democrats in Washington, America's healthcare system is the broken one and Canada's is to be emulated.

No comments: