Tuesday, December 29, 2009

An interesting line in a Post puff piece on Claire McCaskill

Bill Lambrecht wrote a fluff story about Senator Claire McCaskill in today's Post-Dispatch.  (Link here.)  It isn't much of a read - mostly talking about how she's taking on waste and standing up to her own party and being a conservative (ha!) Democrat in Washington - but buried within the piece is this quotation from McCaskill:

"It's OK if I don't get re-elected.  I've just kind of decided that, hey, I'm just going to do this, and Missouri's hard, so there's a chance, you know that I won't get re-elected.  And if I don't, that's OK.  It's not the end of the world."

That's interesting Senator.  Allow me to translate for your constituents - what that means is . . . "though you elected me in a representative capacity, I don't really give a flying you-know-what about your opinion.  I'm going to do whatever I want even if Missourians disagree with me by the boatload."

Here's one thing that Claire McCaskill and I agree on.  It certainly is OK if she doesn't get reelected.

No comments: